Table of Contents
About Jeff & I
Total Failure ?
I welcome comments, please email me at
Love your neighbor as yourself. A very good admonition to be
sure. How can we do this? Let's look at our "instruction
book" and find out.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and
hate your enemy.' 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who
curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully
use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven;
for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the
just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward
have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your
brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors
do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is
This encompasses a lot of territory, but this isn't supposed to be done
spiritually, but actually. Here are some ways you can put this word into
- Watch your neighbor's property when they aren't home.
- Treat their pets well, even if they mess up your yard or just come
- Be kind to their children, don't discipline them, but let their parents
know if they need correction.
- Water their plants if you see things looking a little dry.
- Mow the lawn when you know they need that sort of help. (Those who
can and can't mow their lawns.)
- Bring over a meal when you know someone is ill.
- Keep silent when they are rude or ugly. Offer a smile no matter
- Don't park in front of their home without permission.
- When you lend do it without concern whether you will get your item back.
(This is a toughie.)
- Offer rides when you can.
- Don't hesitate to give food or whatever your neighbor needs to sustain
- Don't meddle in their business.
- Be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to get angry.
Most of this is situational and requires love, patience, long suffering and
a truck full of common sense. If you have difficult neighbors, then
meditate on the above scripture by speaking it to yourself over and
over. The L-rd will build the capability in you if you allow him to.
The worst neighbor can become your closest friend if you allow God to reach
into your heart and lead you. You may not want to tackle it at first,
but if you are submitted to God (who is love) you will be required to be like